I totally love this idea! Bloggers supporting bloggers! Hooray for sharing the love! Thank you so much to She Dates for the nomination!
In order to formally accept this award, the nominee must do several things.
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated them.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
5. Notify my nominees.
1. What made you set up your blog?
I feel a blog is really no different than a diary- just a little more modern. A few years ago, I moved out of my parents’ house and into a tiny one-bedroom apartment with my now husband. In the process of the move, I cleaned out all the plastic storage totes that my mom had been saving in the basement for me for years. I happened upon my childhood diary. When I opened it up, and began reading the entries, I was shocked at what I found.
Insignificance. Or what would appear as insignificance. That is what I found. My entries were about things as insignificant as going to schlotzsky’s deli for lunch with my mom. Or feeling the tickle of my gerbil in my hands. Or my sister building the best barbie castle ever. As a child, these were clearly worthy of taking the time to write a diary entry about. These simple insignificant things were significant. When I reflect back now, I realize the wisdom that I have lost as I have grown. When I was young, I knew that simple daily events were what made life beautiful. I never want to lose sight of that. So why a blog? To remind myself of the beauty of simple. The beauty of an ordinary day.
2. You cover a lot of topics that are hot in the news? what about these stories catches your eye?
The answer to this, in my eyes,is simple. Passion. I write about things that I love and things that I think others might love.
3. My blog is all about sex and dating, have you ever had a funny dating story?
Funny dating story… ahh the memories are flooding my mind… Most of my dating stories take place in college where I had 3 female roommates. My roommates loved to meet and talk to the people that I went on dates with so they could decide whether to give the stamp of approval or not. This one man pulled up to the curb outside our house in a blizzard and honked the horn. DIDN’T even come to the door! Needless to say, I didn’t come out. Call me old fashioned, but I do love to be courted.
4. What is your get-up-and-go song? The one that gets you moving?
No judging- Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance.
5. Do you have a favorite blog that you read all the time?
I just can’t get enough of Style Me Pretty. I adore their wedding posts and interior design posts!
6. Who is your inspiration?
Julia Hengel from Gal Meets Glam. She is lucky enough to have her blog be her lifestyle. I would love to be able to travel and see the world while doing what I love to do creatively.
7. What is your favorite color?
Pink- for sure.
8. Do you have a favorite post that you have written?
Hmmm. Tough one. I have two posts that I love! They both take me back to summer, so here they are!!
9. What is a day like in the life of Quite Adored?
Every day starts off for me at 5:00 with my workout! I get ready and leave for work by 6:00. I teach 120 6th and 7th graders all day (if I can keep up with them!) and usually get home around 4:00 or 4:30. Since I make all of our meals for the week on Sundays, I just have to heat things up when I get home, which is great because Ry and I are usually STARVING! We eat and then we will go for a walk outside if it is nice weather. If not, we are total Friends freaks, so we will watch that or one of our fav shows! Around 9:00 we head up to lay in bed and wind down for the night. And repeat.
10. What would you like to say to new bloggers just starting out?
Well, since I just started my blog not too long ago (about 6 months), I would say don’t be too hard on yourself. I am doing this as a creative outlet that I enjoy, but there have been times when I just don’t feel like writing for whatever reason. If you don’t feel like it, don’t. Because there will be days when you do feel like it and you will! And the posts you do out of passion will be far more fantastic than those done by obligation.
Thank you again to She Dates for the nomination! And now for my nominations!!
My 10 questions for you are…
1. What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
2. Have you ever done a random act of kindness? Explain!
3. If you were only allowed to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
4. What inspires your posts?
5. What is your favorite part of any wedding?
6. How did you get started with blogging? Are you doing this for fun or for something else?
7. What do you believe allows one to be content in life?
8. What does a day in your life look like?
9. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
10. What advice do you have for other bloggers?! Any special tips that helped you really build some steam?
Ready… Set… GO!!!